23/05/2012

These Pharaohs are certainly anywhere but the grave

Pharaohs from the Grave are a new upcoming alternative punk rock band based in London, who have been described as anything but a generic rock and roll act. And after hearing two tracks from the band I can genuinely say they certainly aren’t generic.

The band are a great mix of heavy guitars and drums mixed with excellent vocals by Emily ‘Wolf’ O, who displays tinges of early Shirley Manson and Gwen Stefani with a little bit of punk icon Patti Smith sprinkled on top for good measure.

Considering they cite people such as Garbage and No Doubt as influences I’m not surprised. The two tracks I listened to, ‘Higher’ and ‘Success’ both show what this band is good at, great rock music that hasn’t been around the charts for awhile.

I only got to hear two tracks from the bands EP but I can’t wait to hear what else this band can come out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment